Sunday, October 16, 2011

Reflection

Now that the semester is at its mid point I do think I have progressed as a writer. The best thing for me in this class is when we go over the reading from the book. This really helps because they are examples of the types of essays we are going to write for this class. Another thing I like about these essays is that when we analyze them in class we go over the meanings of why they are written a certain way. Along with the readings I thinkg the peer review sheets help with becoming a better writer. The only problem with these peer reviews is that the reviewer sometimes might be too nice when reading. My writing process has also changed over these past seven weeks. Before I would really only do one rough draft before my final draft is finished. Now on this next paper that is coming up, I will most likely do an additional draft. This class has helped me change my vocabulary. I have noticed that before in my papers there is a lot of repetition. Now I'll notice this problem and look for ways to change it. As for the class I like when we get into groups and work in the book compared to when we all sit together and talk about it. When we work in smaller groups we get to talk more about the reading and its easier to ask questions. I also like working with peers to see if we are on the same page or if we have similar ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment