Monday, November 7, 2011

Peer Review Process

First, I think the peer review process helps out a lot in class. It is effective because it helps to hear ideas from other peers. Ideas from other peers help me because my peers always have different ideas no matter how hard I try to look for other view points. I think that it can be improved with more open discussion. Instead of one person filling out a worksheet for your paper, maybe having a group talk about each persons paper after being read out loud would help. As a peer reviewer I think my strength is that I am very analytical. I really try to see if the paper is sticking true to its thesis. My weakness is that I don't mention simple mistakes because, while they are important, they are not as important as other aspects like wording or sentence structure. In my ideal peer review each person would read their paper aloud and then have the audience asking questions about the paper. In answering these questions the writer can see the problems and what needs to be changed in the paper. I think this would best be done in groups of 7 or 8 students, that way its more personal but there is also a good number of students working on each paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment